If you haven't given your life to Christ or if you are unsure, please read on.
When we want a relationship with God, we must receive salvation first. Salvation gives us a chance to be saved and given eternal life and allows the Holy Spirit to enter our lives for divine guidance. We can only get to God through his son Jesus Christ (who is God in the flesh). The bible says that Jesus is the door to eternal life in John 10:7-9. There are many other biblical references that reinforce these points:
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Benefits of giving your life to Christ
- Eternal life - you now receive the chance to have eternal life and avoid hell.
- Holy Spirit - you will receive God's spirit which will reside inside of you. The Holy Spirit is our helper and will provide us with supernatural guidance, wisdom and strength in our lives when asked.
John 14:26 - But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to. The LORD also refers to the Holy Spirit as an 'unction' (anointing) reinforcing the sanctifying properties of the Holy Spirit.
- Greater revelation in the things of God - you will gradually develop greater eyes to see and hear from God
- Greater desire for intimacy with God
- Greater conviction and correction - with the Holy Spirit, you are now convicted of what is righteous and wrong to a greater extent. This helps us to stay on the right path when temptations come. We also receive correction and chastening by God through other's in the faith for our personal development.
- Deliverance & Healing - Jesus can now set you free you from the biggest strongholds and issues in your life including things such as depression, alcoholism, sexual addiction, bitterness, aggression, emotional trauma and physical illnesses.
- Protection - you are now considered as one of the sheep in God's flock, therefore, because God is the good shepherd, he will always protect you when you obey his commandments (John 10:11, John 14:15). When the world comes to an end, you can be saved and protected from the disasters coming such as those mentioned in the book of Revelation. God will provide the way for you, your loved ones and your family, so your salvation does not just impact you.